Beginning Handgun - Skill Level I.Time: 2 - 5 pm
Location: United States Shooting Academy or the Tulsa Gun Club.Learning the fundamentals of shooting a handgun will make you more comfortable and confident. You will learn safe gun handling procedures. This is a low key class for beginning shooters. The instructors are down to earth, honest, polite, and will work with you on all your questions and concerns. This class is required before a student can register in the Defensive Pistol Shoots ( $25/monthly shoots/2 hours duration).
- 200-300 rounds of ammo.
- A holster and magazine carrier if you have one, if not, don't worry.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Comfortable clothing.
- A magazine loader is very much recommended like the Maglula Uplula which can be purchased at Sports World, Sooner Gun, Bass Pro, Academy.
- Baseball type hat or visor with a 'bill'.
- Your self defense handgun.
- Learn how to grip your pistol
- Learn how to shoot your handgun
- Learn the correct stance
- How to use your handgun sights
- Learn how to clean your handgun
- Correct presentation of the gun
- Nomenclature of gun parts
- Which types of pistols will work best for you
- Operation of the handgun: loading, unloading, slide lock, safety, magazine release. etc.
- How to practice for accuracy and how to practice for speed
- Increase you accuracy
- Fundamentals of self-defense shooting
- Sight shooting
- Index shooting
- Follow through
- Engaging multiple targets
- Correct draw
- Target acquisition
OPEN TO:Public. You do not have to be a member. Twenty-one years old unless accompanied by a parent that is shooting (then the age cutoff is eighteen years old.)
COST:$75 + $10 range fee to the club (Reduced rates for more than one family member or couples. Call for rates.)
DURATION:Two to three hours depending on class size.
PAYMENT:See the Beginning Handgun Calendar on this page. Double click on the class date you want to attend and then follow the input fields. Or call or email me - 918.857.5106, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call if you have any questions or concerns.
GUN RENTAL:9 MM or .40 caliber handguns are available for rent for $10. You must use Firearms On Target's ammo. Contact me at email or call me to reserve a handgun.
The class for Dec 10, 2017 will be at United States Shooting Academy on the 360 range , 2-4 pm. Please meet in the clubhouse at 1:45. Thanks.
Classes are indicated by green in the calendar below.
Simply click on the class date you want to register for and then click on 'Book Now'.