Firearms On Target holds classes at two different locations/ranges.  They are both easy to find and only twenty minutes from downtown Tulsa.  Access is either Hwy 169 and 56th St. North  or Hwy 75 and 66th St. North.

1. Tulsa Gun Club.   8888 East Mohawk Blvd North, Tulsa 74117  (This is easy to find just .5 mile west of Mingo on Mohawk Blvd which is 56th ST. North.)

     Dec - 27, 30   Jan 2018 - 6, 13, 28

     Start time: 8 am

     End time: 2 pm

2. United States Shooting Academy.  6500 E 66th St. North, Tulsa OK,

     Dec - 16,  Jan 2018 - 20

     Start time: 9 am

     End time: 3 pm

See the 'Directions' FAQ below.



  1. $49 for the entire class with you furnishing your gun and ammo.  

  2. $59 with Firearms On Target furnishing you with a .22 semi-auto handgun and ammo.   

      If you are shooting Firearms On Targets gun and ammo PLEASE BRING AN EXTRA  $10 (CASH) TO PAY FOR IT.  

Class dates are in green on the calendar below.

Simply click on the date you want to register for and then click on 'Book Now'.  Thanks.

On the second page of registration where you are entering your personal information,  in the 'NOTES'  box please enter:

       1.   The Names of all parties taking the class  

       2.   Enter 'FOT GUN' and the number of students that will be shooting Firearms

              On Target's gun and ammo.


Searching Availability...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gun Sales, Concealed Carry Classes are on the rise in Green Country.

Please check out this story from the News On 6:



This class is taught by Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (O.S.B.I.) and Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (C.L.E.E.T.) certified instructor(s).  The course is as prescribed by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (Title 21, Oklahoma Statues, Section 1290.1 et seq.) to meet the educational requirements to qualify for an Oklahoma Handgun License.

Upon completion of this course you will be eligible to apply for a OK Handgun License allowing you to carry a handgun either as “open carry” or “concealed carry” (your handgun license works for both 'open' or 'concealed carry')  in the State of Oklahoma and all other reciprocal states within the United States.  This one day class is designed to familiarize you with the laws of the Self Defense Act and teach you handgun safety as prescribed by Oklahoma.  Successful completion of this course is achieved when the participant has accomplished all practical  exercises to the satisfaction of the instructor and has scored a minimum of 70% on a fifteen question multiple choice exam.

Each student will be required to fire one course of fire resulting in a total of fifty (50) rounds to qualify.   Reloaded or re-manufactured ammunition is not permitted for this course.


Double click here for a Reciprocity Map.

Enter a state to see which other states allow Handgun Carry.




  1. Paper and pen and your drivers license.

  1. Bring your handgun and at least 50 rounds of ammo or you can qualify with my .22 caliber handgun and ammo for an additional $5. DO NOT BRING ANY AMMUNITION INTO THE CLASSROOM. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE CLASSROOM WITHOUT REFUND.

  1. Eye and Ear protection (if you don’t have them I will furnish them).

  1. A baseball type hat with a bill.

  1. Dress for the weather as we will be outside for about 40 minutes for the range qualification.  Wear a shirt with a high neck collar, such as a T-shirt.  I have a covered range so we can keep out of the rain.

  1. Beverage and snacks or you can buy them at the range.

DOWNLOADS: Oklahoma Self Defense Act (this is the OK law you will learn) https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_LAW_BOOK.pdf SDA application (this will give you a hardcopy to fill out): http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA%20APPLICATION.pdf OR, you can fill out your application ONLINE. http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/Click_Here_to_Apply_Online.html


FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  -  FAQ. What is the process to obtain my license? First, register with Firearms On Target to take the OK Handgun License Course. Second, after successful completion of the Oklahoma Handgun License course your instructor will hand you a Certificate of Completion. Take three items to the County Sheriff office in the county that you live in.  #1.   Self Defense License Application, #2. Your Certificate of Completion,  #3. Money.  (see below)

Requirements for Applying for a Self Defense Act License at the County Sheriff's Office in the county in which you live.

  1. In order to complete the application process through the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office (“TCSO”), the applicant must appear in person and be a resident of Tulsa County.

  2. A current Oklahoma driver’s license or other official Oklahoma ID will be required. Exception:Military personnel who have permanent military orders within the state of Oklahoma and possess a valid driver license from another state where such person claims residency.

  3. If born outside of the United States, proof of citizenship is required.

  4. A completed Application for Self-Defense Act License. The application may be completed online or you may download a blank copy of the form here. OSBI will only accept applications submitted on the current SDA application form. Remember to sign your application.

  5. Attach two color passport style photographs to your application. Personally printed photos must be passport quality to be acceptable. TCSO provides photo service for $10.00.

  6. The original certificate of completion from a firearms safety and training course must accompany the SDA application. State law requires that applicants for a license to carry concealed and unconcealed firearms pass an Oklahoma Self-Defense Act gun-safety course. Previously, no limits have been placed on the life of a firearms-safety course certificate of coimpletion,  but a new law (Oklahoma HB 2874) that went into effect November 1, 2014 puts a three-year limit on gun class certification of completion.

  7. Two complete sets of fingerprints will be taken by TCSO Records personnel.

  8. TCSO will send the complete application package to OSBI for processing; allow 60-90 days for the application process.

Fees charged by the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office.
Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office Fees Amount
Fingerprinting and processing fee $25
Pictures (if needed): $10
A Visa or MasterCard, money order, or cashier’s check made payable to “Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office”, are acceptable forms of payment for the fees for services provided by TCSO.
 * A convenience fee of $1.95 will be added to credit card transactions. Neither TCSO nor Tulsa County government receives any portion of the convenience fee.
Fees required by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. (Paid at your visit at the County Sheriff's Office)
Type of License Application Term Cost
Initial Application 5 Year License $100
10 Year License $200
Expired Renewal Application (License expired less than 3 years) 5 Year License $85
10 Year License $170
Expired Renewal Application (License expired more than 3 years) 5 Year License $100
10 Year License $200
Acceptable forms of payment include Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks .
So a Money Order or a Cashier's Check for: $100 for a 5 year license, or $200 for a 10 year license + $10 for your photos if you did not bring them with you.

Do I need to bring my OK Handgun License application to the OK Handgun Lic class conducted by Firearms On Target?

You are not required to bring the application. But, I would bring it as I will point out a couple of things that will help you.

Must I fill any forms prior to class?      

NO. Ther are no forms to fill out prior to coming to my OK Handgun License class.  You are not required to fill out the OK Handgun License application prior to class BUT you can if you want to.

Do I need to have my pictures with me when I come to the OK Handgun License class conducted by Firearms On Target?

NO.  You only need to have your pictures when you go to the county sheriff's office or in Tulsa county, they will take your pictures for you.

What time is your class?

Please see the location and times of classes listed before the registration calendar.  Please be on time!  DO NOT USE YOUR GPS to find the Tulsa Gun Club - PLEASE SEE THE DIRECTIONS SECTION BELOW OR THE 'DIRECTIONS' TAB ON THIS WEB SITE.  IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHERE THESE GUN RANGES ARE LOCATED, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SPEND A MINUTE BEFORE CLASS TO LOOK THEM UP.

What about lunch?                                                                                               

Lunch as of December 2017 will be a working lunch starting at 11:30 or you can just wait and eat after the class is over.

Should I fill out my application online vs. filling out a paper version?  – Maybe.

There are two paths regarding filling out the OK Handgun License application.

#1). Starting November 1, 2014, the state has requested that you fill out your application online and transmit this document to the state.

#2) Download the Application, and fill it out.

If you choose #2:   You turn the OK Handgun License application into the County Sheriff, not to Firearms On Target at class time.  Please bring the application to the class, I will point out a couple of helpful points.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/Click_Here_to_Apply_Online.html”.   You will still have to go to the county sheriff to complete the process.

How accurate to I have to be for the shooting portion?  We shoot at 9 to 15 feet.  You are judged on your ability to safely handle a handgun and follow the instructor’s commands.

How physical is the class?  We are in a classroom setting for the majority of the class.  For the shooting portion, you will need to be able to shoot 50 rounds either standing or sitting.

What is the class like?  I teach you the most applicable statutes of the OK Self Defense Act and most importantly the conditions that have to be present before you can legally pull or use a handgun for self defense.  I try to keep the class moving and we take frequent short breaks.

Do I need eye and ear protection?  Yes, either bring your own or I will furnish them for you.  You are required to bring a BASEBALL hat or visor for each individual.

What type of handgun to you provide.  .22 caliber semi-automatic handguns.  They are light with low recoil and fun to shoot.

OR you can rent a variety of .380, 9mm, 40 S&W guns.  Just let me know at registration if you want to rent a gun.  Shooting different guns always adds to your overall understanding and ability with handguns.  Cost is $10 plus ammo.

How do I register for you class?   Pre-payment and registration are required.  Do not come to the class without first registering.  First determine the date of the class you wish to attend, then pre-pay for the class.   By;

  1. Web site, the calendar registration and payment option.

  2. Call 918.857.5106 or email me and I can email you an invoice.

  3. Pay over the phone.  Call me and I can take your payment and reserve a spot in the class for you.

Payment can me made with Credit card, Debit Card, or PayPal.

After I have received your payment,  you will receive a Confirmation of Payment Received document and instructions about the class.

How long does it take to receive my license from the state.   At this time, Dec 2017, licenses are being mailed to the address on your application withing  9-11 weeks after submitting your information to the sheriff’s office.

What if I have a ‘Permanent Victim’s Protective Order’?    As of November 1, 2013, after you take my OK Handgun License class, if you have a Permanent Victim’s Protective Order, the sheriff can issue you a six month temporary license, at no cost to you, while your permanent license paperwork is being processed by the state.

How can I transport my gun to your class?   Place your gun in a ‘gun case’ and the case must be completely or partially visible in your passenger compartment.  OR place the gun in your trunk or locked external compartment.  Gun must be unloaded. Do not place your gun in your glove compartment or center console.

Where are you located?  See the ‘Directions’ tab on this site.


 Firearms On Target conducts training clinics at two gun clubs.

 Tulsa Gun Club. (TGC)

8888 E. Mohawk Blvd North (This road is called 56th St. North on the East side of Mingo and Mohawk Blvd on the West side of Mingo.  The club is 1/2 mile west of Mingo on Mohawk Blvd.)

Do not use GPS for this address.  It will take you to the wrong location just follow the directions below.

Exit highway 169 at 56th St. North. Take 56th St. N. west for about a mile until it comes to a ‘T’.  Turn to your left or south onto Mingo and then immediately take the curve to your right or west  onto Mohawk Blvd North.   Go about one half mile to the entrance of Tulsa Gun Club on the south.  You will see our blue sign and blue gate.  Take the drive onto the property until you reach the club house.  Classes will be in the club house.

From Oklahoma City: Exit the Turner Turnpike at: (see below). Take exit onto the Creek Turnpike/Pearl Harbor Memorial Expressway U.S. 169 and head east. http://www.okroads.com/031303/i44okexit218.jpg

You can then either exit at: 1) Hwy 75 north to Tulsa  and Bartlesville. Then exit on 56th Street North. See above on ‘From Hwy 75’. http://www.okhighways.com/112604/creekatus75n.JPG 2) Continue east and take “169 North / Tulsa” Hwy 169 North toward Owasso. (see below).  This is not really an exit but staying on Hwy 169 as the road curves North toward Owasso. http://www.okhighways.com/090403/us169atcreektpk.JPG Stay on Hwy 169 and head north until you exit on 56th Street North  (see below). Hwy 169 North to Owasso and exit at 56th Street North. http://www.okhighways.com/112604/us169at56th.JPG

 United Stated Shooting Academy. (USSA)

6500 E. 66th St. North Tulsa OK, 74117. Exit highway 75 on 66 Street North and go approximately 1 mile east to the Tulsa Police Academy and United States Shooting Academy.  They share the same concrete driveway but jog to your left at the entrance to the United States Shooting Academy, go through the chain link gate and take the long driveway to the club house.

These directions are on my web site www.firearmsontarget.com under the ‘Welcome’ heading and then click on ‘Directions”.

What if my schedule changes and I cannot make the class?  You can reschedule for up to six (6) months from your original class date  if you contact me by at least twenty four hours prior to the class start date and time.  Sorry, but Firearms On Target does not allow cancellations with money back.  You can reschedule with a 24 hour notice to Firearms On Target prior to class start date/time.

Can the people in my party share a gun?    If you bring your gun and ammo, more than one person IN YOUR PARTY can shoot this gun.  Some people who come together share a gun, this is OK.  No third party will shoot your gun.

What if I need to leave early?    Contact me and I will work to see you shoot first at the range and get out asap.  To obtain your Certificate, you will need to complete the following modules: class, safety and handgun operation module, test, and range qualification.

What if I have a large party, do you do discount?   Discounts for a large party will be considered.  Give me a call.

Do you conduct your classes other than Saturday, Sunday, or a week day? Yes, let me know which day would work for your group and I can schedule a class.  A minimum of 6 people is needed for a class.  Extra charges may apply.

Class Size is Limited.  Pre-Registration is required, so register and pre-pay to reserve your seat in the class.

Does it matter which handgun I qualify with?

First of all, there is a caliber limitation and size limitation and other limitations per state law that are applicable to this class and carry.

Regarding calibers. The gun your carry and the gun you qualify with must be at the largest a .45 ACP caliber or of a smaller caliber.   That means you can qualify with any caliber up to a .45 ACP, i.e. .380, 9mm, 40, .45, etc.

Next, if you qualify with a semi-auto, then your license will read that your can carry a ) semi-auto, 2) revover 3) derringer.

If you qualify with a REVOLVER, then your license will say that you can only carry a revolver or a derringer.

For Example:  You could qualify with a .40 S&W M&P Service size semi-auto, then choose to carry a .380 Ruger LCP.  You could qualify with a .22 semi-auto and carry a 9mm semi-auto.

I would advise that you qualify with a semi-auto and not a revovler.  That way your license has no action-type restrictions.


I my opinion it matters a great deal which gun you range qualify with in terms of your safety and liability.  First of all, if you ever need to use your gun in a self defense shooting, your handgun training and knowledge of your gun  will come under attack at a trial.  Are you a  compentent,  knowledgeable, and a responsible gun owner, one who practices often with their gun?  Or, do you leave it in a box and never shoot it.   So, shoot your gun as much as you can, once a month, and use the OK Handgun License Class as an opportunity to shoot your gun and obtain more  familiarization with your gun.  This might be a big thing if you ever find yourself defending your use of a gun in a court.  I would advise that you keep a written shooting/range record.

Is the gun I range qualify with at your class the gun that I must carry?

NO. The gun that you qualify with at the range has no barring as to what gun you can carry with your handgun license except the caliber must be  .45 ACP caliber or less restriction.

See the ‘Directions Tab’ for directions to the Tulsa Gun Club or United States Shooting Academy:

Concealed Carry Owasso

Concealed Carry Skiatook

Concealed Carry Claremore